16' Wide Steel DWC Raft Frame
The EZRaft™ is an inexpensive quick build framing system for deep water culture beds, rafts, fish or sump tanks, and media grow beds. The frame is made from galvanized heavy duty steel tubing and easy to use fittings. Straight, pre-cut steel tubing is bolted into various fittings. This series of frames are a nominal 16 feet wide and 1 foot deep. They are actually a little over 16 ft wide to allow for 2 full 8 ft wide rafts.
Once the frame is complete, simply install the liner with the provided clamps and you are ready.
Steel vs. Wood Raft Beds
- Galvanized steel last longer and will not rot like wood
- Steel frames will not become infested with termites, ants or other insects
- No need to paint
- No sawing or power tools required
- Much lower labor cost
- Faster construction
- Low skill set required for construction
- Fittings insure square, neat builds
- Can be relocated easily
- Take up less room for storage
- Pre-cut steel
- Corner and joiner fittings
- Liner Clamps
- Instructions on how to assemble
Shipping cost are individually quoted
Options - Call for Quote
- Decorative Panel Mounts
- Trellis Frame
If 4 foot wide frames do not fit your space, other configurations are easily possible. Contact us for a quote.
- Excessively high moisture and salt levels may cause accelerated corrosion on galvanized steel
- The liner clips are made from UV resistant plastic but will eventually degrade. They should last many years before needing to be replaced.
- The EZRaft™ is designed to be installed on a clean and level surface. The liner that you install will be resting directly on the surface. Therefore, the entire area should be completely clear of any debris that may puncture the liner.
- When filled with water, the total weight will be roughly 60 pounds per square foot. Please make sure your area is capable of supporting heavy weights. In other words, if you want your beds to be raised the supporting under structure must be able to support this much weight.